Saturday, November 3, 2012

A year on, it's November again

I keep thinking about what I was doing this time last year. It often occurs to me on certain dates, but this time it's different because I'm in the same city, same country, if not the same gloriously central heated flat. I do much prefer my current flat, but really if I could be back in my old bedroom right now I would be, with the window open to let some cool air in... Instead I'm huddled on the sofa with my biggest scarf, hands too cold to sew or paint...
Obviously if I moved a bit more I'd warm up, but the laptop battery is at least keeping my thighs warm so I'm going to stick with it and just take turns to sit on each hand.

I got part way to starting sewing today: I took the pattern of my 'learn to sew' skirt out of the packet and started to read the instructions in Spanish. 10 seconds later I switched to English; better to not be too ambitious. I washed the cotton, because it told me to, as it is likely to shrink. It's drying. I didn't understand all the words in the instructions, in English, so I gave up. Poor effort? You're right. I did clean my room though, and made loads of pasta so I don't have to cook tomorrow. Little steps.

A balloon gave me a huge fright earlier. I don't know where it had been, presumably floating around on a big draft, but it landed noisily into the cardboard boat hiding behind the couch right behind my head. Last night a short man with a glowy thing and some roses gave me an even HUGER fright by popping up right in my face in a bar on Calle Pez. I was really scared. The balloon in comparison was just a wee fright.

AAAAAArrrrrrrggggHHHHHH it's so cold!!!!!

Tempted to crawl under 2 duvets and 2 blankets into bed, but I'd never get out again and I'm planning on going out dancing later, to prove I'm not an old fogie.

I was going to tell you about what I was doing last year, what I'm doing now, and how much I've grown as a person and how much wiser I am, but you can just look at last year's posts and decide for yourself.

(I am still wearing my slippers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment