Thursday, November 8, 2012

Unrelated bits of news (No-one else is listening)



Is Spain rubbing off on me? Meal times, yes. Late nights, yes. Language, gradually yes. Gushingly poetic blush-inducing flirting? Maybe. This is a turn up for the books. Receiving, obviously; I am not the most poetic or demonstrative person I know. You'd be lucky to get 'you're nice'.

Unrelated, there seems to be stuff going on, like, stuff I want to go to and see. I need more jazz fans, and tap dancers, and arty folk, to hang around and scrounge free wine at openings with. There's an afternoon of free jazz on Saturday, but who could I persuade to go with me? They would see it as a punishment!

I did see a free exhibition on Monday which was an unexpected treat, Louise Bourgeois at La Casa Encendida. It's some of the work she did in the last 10 years of her life, it's great. Can't wait to go and see the Gaugin exhibition at the Thyssen, and to go back to the Museo del Traje, as I only got up to the 1900s and the best is still to see!

Also found a new club on calle Augusto Figuero, El Intruso. Free to get in, really nice atmosphere, little stage for a fun wee dance, good music.Might try and go again this weekend, I'd recommend it.

I have a girl in one of my classes who tells me she loves me every week. It feels good for me. Not sure if it makes up for all the other ones who look at me like I'm a smelly idiot, but it helps.










No comments:

Post a Comment