Sunday, December 16, 2012

Drawing friends

Hello. It's been surprising warm the last couple of days, I'm dressed normally, no hoodie and no hat, here in my flat. This was not the case on Tuesday night when I sat in my hat, scarf, gloves and coat, scribbling frantically for 15 minutes at a time trying to capture the poses of my fellow drawers (people who draw, is there another word that isn't furniture?) at the Tabacalera, an old tobacco factory at Embajadores in Madrid.

Dibujo Madrid meets each Tuesday with a different theme, and basically some people pose, perform, do what they do, while the rest of us draw. It's a great idea, totally free, and they're very welcoming. I'd been putting off going out of fear of arty folks (since art school my fear has only grown) but am so glad I went back. I'm the only Scot so far, but there are people from all over.

I heard that a Dibujo London is starting up, which is great news for you southerners, and someone should really get on it in Scotland too. Do it. I'll link you to the website, and also to my other blog where I'm going to be uploading my sketches and maybe some new paintings too, please have a look and comment, I need encouragement and criticism!


No comments:

Post a Comment